Monday, March 15, 2010

Trucks

Trucks!

Well, after the fun and sporty Nissan, I was pressed with the bitter realities of life. I was graduating college and would not be living in the same area. My ride was dieing, and I had absolutely no money. I came to the conclusion that I needed a truck, I would need it for the normal life that I would be adjusting to.

As they had helped me often before, my parents helped me buy a 1985 Chevy S10 pickup trunk. It was in excellent condition, though had a 4 cylinder engine. It provided me with 12 years of service, blew out the freeze plugs, and cracked the head once.

S10 was left on my driveway through Hurricane Katrina, with the hope that it would float away. In our forced exile, I was able to get on Google Earth and see a wonderful picture of my little green truck sitting in my driveway, protecting my house. It appeared as pictured after the storm, looking freshly washed, polished and just happy as an old dog...


Then one fateful day, it just stopped. A piece of the timing chain assembly broke off and jammed in the chain, severely damaging the engine to the point of not moving. I sold the body to my friend to drop an engine in and sell (The place my Spit is at, he make a good $ on the S10, good deeds often repaid a hundred fold.) he offered to do it for me and let me sell it, but I insisted that "he does the work, he gets the reward".

The S-10 was replaced with a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (no more using a 2-seater as an excuse to not to drive everyone to lunch) Hopefully, the Spitfire will bring me back to two seater heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment