Monday, March 22, 2010

Spitbits Order

Shipping Details: UPS Ground

03/12/2010

6:32 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
3:01 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
Picked up from Spitbits, not quite sure where it is exactly.
6:52 P.M. ROCKLIN, CA, ORIGIN SCAN
Driven about 91 miles
10:33 P.M. SAN PABLO, CA, ARRIVAL SCAN

03/13/2010
2:50 A.M. SAN PABLO, CA, DEPARTURE SCAN
Driven about 1,711 miles which apparently takes about 4 days

03/14/2010
hmm, no updates on this day.

03/15/2010
none today ether.

03/16/2010
Getting very nervous, has UPS lost my package?

03/17/2010
YAY, they found it!
11:27 A.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, ARRIVAL SCAN
Apparently UPS has found the shipment and it has found it's way to Texas. Missing is the usual switching centers.
9:38 P.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, DEPARTURE SCAN
Driven about 440 miles

03/18/2010
JACKSON, MS, US 03/18/2010 9:29 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
Apparently, it never left Jackson and was mysteriously teleported to Metairie...
Teleported about 180 miles
03/19/2010
METAIRIE, LA, US 03/19/2010 4:36 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
Driven about 4 miles.
METAIRIE, LA, US 03/19/2010 10:28 A.M. DELIVERY
Driven about 4 miles to my house, then to the BMCNO Welcome Party, then to BMCNO Event, more information to follow...

So approximately 2430 miles and 8 days from it's start, it is safely stowed at my house.

Spitbits Order:
Though quite a bit less in quantity, it makes up in size. This is the large metal order. Order price a little over $300.

LOWER REAR FENDER REPAIR LH MK1-MK3 SPIT
LOWER REAR FENDER REPAIR RH MK1-MK3 SPIT
Fender repair pieces to replace my rotted out panels, I don't need the entire fender and these are significantly cheaper than a whole fender. The look just spectacular, painted black. Wonder how hard they will be to install, wonder if that is weld-through primer-ed, yah right.

ROCKER PANEL LH MK1-MK3 SPIT
ROCKER PANEL RH MK1-MK3 SPIT
These are the big boys and are just like the fender repairs. Just beautiful new metal to replace my rust-puckered ones. Originally, these were $20 cheaper each from VB, with the Winter Sale, on missing the sale, It was cheaper from Spitbits. Also with such a good reputation from the NASS folks, the order shift was easy to justify in my mind.

One of my dogs, Peanut (or NuttNutt as we call him) was watching me take a picture of the parts. He had a confused look on his face and quickly lost interest in what I was doing. Stupid human pointing something at a bit of something on a box, shouldn't you be getting me a treat?

TRUNK SEAL MK1-MK3 SPIT
Significantly cheaper here and from what I received, the quality is very acceptable.

HINGE GASKET SET MK1-MK3 SPIT
Back-ordered, really a snafu but quickly remedied. I saw it on the packing list and not in the box and became immediately concerned. Friday, March 19, 2010 11:05 AM I inquired about it via e-mail. Friday, March 19, 2010 01:34 PM, I got a reply from Nigel himself explaining it was on back-order and he missed noting it in the invoice, offering that I could cancel it if I needed to. I am in not immediate rush for it so I can wait. It was handled quickly, professionally, and personally. Can't ask for more than that in today's automated society.

CHROME BOLT WITH WASHERS MK1-MK3 SPIT (2req)
Will be used to attached the convertible top to the body. Well, whenever I get the top, I will have them ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment