Monday, August 23, 2010

Wheel Well Respray

The respray madness continues. Empowered by the fumes, and a separate can of gloss black, I attacked the wheel wells with a vengeance. I couldn't be happier with the results! The spray went on nice and easy and didn't put up much of a fuss. I had considered spraying an undercoat in these areas, though others have said it's unholy. To remove undercoat is a pain. I guess what swayed me to paint was that they were in generally such good shape that I though undercoat would be too excessive.

Passenger Side Rear
Driver Side Rear

Passenger Side Front


Driver Side Front

I have also included pictures of the wheel wells with the tires on, as that will be how they are seen most of the time. I plan to respray under the bonnet but I was able to fend off the madness and stop for the day. This was pretty impressive as I still have paint in the can. I'm sure that it would have fizzled out just at starting the next section...

Passenger Side Front
Passenger Side Rear

Driver Side Front

Driver Side Rear

No comments:

Post a Comment