Friday, January 22, 2010

Naked Spitfire

I have always found that the MK III Spitfires look naked without the bumpers attached. I removed the front and rear bumpers and they are in pretty good shape. There is a scratch in one of the rear bumpers, the front bumper is slightly bent, giving it a little but of attitude in it's smile.

Front View
With Bumper

Front View
Nekked

Rear View
With Bumper


Rear View
Nekked


After removal, the unprotected undersides show a lot of rust on unchromed supports, dirt, Wasp nest (no residents thankfully) and pine needles. The front bumper is missing two bolts that will have to be replaced.


During the photo-documentation, my puppy Snickers decided to do an apprasial of the condition himself. I guess it met with his approval as he quickly lost interest.


I will be cleaning these up at some later date and will document the results.

I also tried to remove the windscreen and again the seats, but was denyed It's best not to force these things and let them come as they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment